Here are just a few of the ways a realtor can help you:
- Save you time in searching for the right home.
- Help you identify and eliminate properties that are not worth pursuing.
- Find homes that are not yet on the market.
- Help you find a neighborhood that suits your needs.
- Refer you to the best lenders in the area and help you get pre-qualified for a loan.
- Help you figure out how much home you can afford.
- Guide you on the best price to list your home.
- Detail all of the costs involved in buying or selling a home.
You may find it helpful to know some of the industry terms. To sell real estate in Missouri, you must be at least 18, pass the real estate examination and have a real estate agent or broker license. Agents have to work for brokers. Murney Associates is the broker for The Stenger Group. You can check to see whether any disciplinary actions have be recorded against your agent or broker through Missouri's real estate commission.
If an agent uses Realtor with a big "R," that means he or she is a member of the National Association of REALTORS. The main advantage to you is that this means they have agreed to abide by a code of ethics.
Whether buying your first home, downsizing or building your investment portfolio, a good real estate will provide expertise and guidance all through the process.